"Podmoskovnye Vechera" (Russian: "Подмосковные Вечера", English: "Moscow Nights"
or, more correctly, "Evenings of Moscow's Suburbs") is one of the most famous Russian songs outside Russia...
Modern execution: [link]
Original execution: [link]
* Even whispers aren't heard in the garden,
* Everything has died down till morning.
* If you only knew how dear to me
* Are these Moscow nights.
* The river moves, unmoving,
* All in silver moonlight.
* A song is heard, yet unheard,
* In these silent nights.
* Why do you, dear, look askance,
* With your head lowered so?
* It is hard to express, and hard to hold back,
* Everything that my heart holds.
* But the dawn's becoming ever brighter.
* So please, just be good.
* Don't you, too, forget
* These summer, Moscow nights.